Friday 29 April 2016

Food Friday: The Cousin Anne-Inspired Salad



Hello again!

So sorry for my inconsistent timing with the Food Fridays.

If you follow me on Instagram you would be have been expecting this recipe. This is a salad that I have eaten practically every day for almost a whole week now. I have it as a second part to my dinner and it tastes so good!

I decided to call this 'The Cousin Anne-Inspired Salad,' because it was inspired by a salad my aunt made for me which she said that my cousin had made for her some day and everyone loved it. This is not 100% my cousin's recipe as hers contains dairy (which I'm allergic to) and I added ingredients to the recipe.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Bon Appétit!




Ingredients

2 celery sticks
1 medium-large apple
Raisins
3 medium strawberries
Lime juice (optional)


Method


  • Chop two celery sticks into really small pieces and pour into a bowl
  • Chop the apple into roughly the same thickness as the celery, pour it into the same bowl and mix everything up well.
  • Add in as much raisins as you wish. I tend to add about a handful. Mix again.
  • Slice some strawberries vertically into a few strips then horizontally cut some of the strips.
  • Gently mix in the strawberries to ensure that they are not just at the top of the salad. If the strawberry process does not happen last, trust me, you will end up with a red salad and mushy strawberries instead of a perfectly colourful salad.
  • Pour some freshly squeezed lime juice over the salad, if you wish. I don't always add the lime juice when making this salad. However, if you like the idea of a salad dressing (which I'm not a fan of), you can include for the lime juice.
  • Cover with cling film/saran wrap/plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for a few minutes or until your main meal is ready if, like me, you tend to have two parts to your dinner.

Enjoy!

--



No comments:

Post a Comment