Monday 21 December 2015

How My Instagram Page is Not Completely Honest


Picture from Elev8


Hey!

So some of you follow me on Instagram and like a bunch of my pictures. Due to this, I need to be honest with you in order to ensure that you do not completely follow what you see in the pictures as most of the time, everything you see was just for the purpose of a picture.

What do I mean?

In over 90% of the pictures, you see a quantity of the food which is not the true quantity that I eat. I eat 2-3 times (sometimes 4x) the amount of food which I take a photograph of and upload. I eat a lot of food! Therefore, following the portion sizes in the pictures is not the best thing to do if you are trying to "eat like I do."


I believe in eating in abundance and eating till you are satisfied (as long as you can afford it) and for aesthetic purposes, my Instagram does not show that.

When it comes to how my food is presented, yes, I eat like that quite a lot of the time, but no, I do not always eat that way. I don't always have the time to make my food look pretty and sometimes, after making my food look pretty, I don't feel like eating it anymore because I feel like I'm destroying a work of art.

You might have noticed the hashtag, "#OilFree," amongst the numerous hashtags I put on my photos. Yes, I haven't cooked without since moving to London, however if I go out to eat or I'm with family, I'm not fussy about the oil. Yes, I feel better eating oil-free foods. However, I can become an inconvenience to others because the food served contained oil. It should be noted, though that if the food looks like it's swimming in oil, I won't eat it and this is not just for health reasons, but because I know I'll feel sick after eating and the sight of all the oil puts me off the food.

I think that's about it!

Hope you found this......interesting.

~SammyWithTheBod

P.s Yes, I eat all those fruits on the wooden board alone in one sitting. What can I say! I love food! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment