Monday 27 July 2015

"Now fit enough to work out" Reason For my Tweet

Picture got from Fitera

"Now fit enough to work out."
This statement does not mean that I was ill because, I haven't been ill. However, I have been physically unable to work out for some time now. Why? Well, as some of you know, I had surgery done on my arms some years ago. I kind of suffered from a not-as-bad form of the reason for the surgery for a while and that didn't have much to do with my health, but me reacting to something (hard to explain, but just know that my body is very sensitive to things and my mum's family is full of allergies and unfortunately, I inherited some of those allergies).

Okay! So I could not move my arm. I was pretty much stuck in a position that was like my arm was being held by a sling. Any form of movement hurt and I could not put weight on my arm so I could not carry things which pretty much meant that I had to use only one arm for a while which was pretty frustrating.

The issue with my arm also lead to me being sleep deprived as I was in pain most of the time and could not find a good position to sleep in as it felt like "gravity was working against me" if I could put it like that. Sleep deprivation lead to me not even wanting to think of working out or doing anything, but crying.

Through out this time, I did not go to a hospital or take any medication because I didn't want to risk returning to that state of medicine-induced depression or having to have another surgery as my initial surgery was a very traumatic experience for me. I also knew that my body was capable of fighting this allergy this time around as I am MUCH healthier than I was when I initial had the allergy and had to undergo surgery.

To help with "treating" myself, twice, I had a hot water bottle on my in a way that it touches my arm as like a heat compress and honestly, that put me in a whole lot of pain especially after taking the bottle away. I also draw some warm water with about a quarter of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and some fresh mint leaves in it which I must say helped a whole lot with the pain as the first time I tried it, after a half hour, I couldn't feel the pain anymore and was able to finally get a night's rest. After stopping the cayenne drinks, I started drinking water with a bit of turmeric in it (and I had been praying for my arm too). I started seeing results and my body started to like....."cleanse" itself, if I can phrase it that way.

I went to a Hillsong Conference, as you must know if you follow my Facebook page, and at the conference, I was dancing like crazy every single day! I experienced no pain and my arm could move! It's practically 100% healed. I can use my arm perfectly!

At the conference, I also noticed that I had put on quite a bit of weight (which made my mum happy, but annoyed me as I also don't feel as good as I know I can feel). I decided that I was going to start working out again and I actually planned on resuming working out next month, but today, I woke up and felt like working out so, I got out of bed, changed into a cute workout outfit and hit the elliptical machine then did some kickboxing, zumba and "intense" dance cardio. I really enjoyed it! I didn't like the sweat as I hate being sweaty, but I like the fact that I worked up a lot of sweat and all my muscles were ice cold by the time I was done.

I am happy to be back on this journey of working out practically every day and I am looking forward to my annual detox next year :).

I will keep you guys updated and yeah....that's all I have to say for now.

New post coming up soon.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment