Wednesday 15 July 2015

Feature: Girl Talk by Simbi Akanni

Picture got from OhioCog

Hello people!

So, I have the privilege of working with someone who I knew "back in the days" when we were much, much younger. She is a beautiful both on the inside and the outside. This blog post is a featured post from her blog, SimSpirituallyInspired and as you can tell, it is titled, "Girl Talk."

I haven't spoken to Simbi (the author of the featured post) in years so I don't know how much we have in common. However, one thing I know is that we are both Christians with a heart for Jesus.

You might be wondering why I'm telling you this. Well, I thought about it and realised that our faith and beliefs are part of our lifestyle! Now, now, I am not here to nag you and I am not here to force you to believe what I believe. All I ask is that you respect it. What you believe is your decision to make.

So, without further ado, I would like to get straight to the featured post, "Girl Talk (A Revised Text I Sent To My Friend)," by Simbi Akanni.

><>

I think the mistake many of us girls make is that we try to force our happiness to revolve around a “magical” boyfriend solely because of the “perfect” couples we see in the media.
Not knowing somewhere down the line, that revolution leads to heartbreak.
Especially because BOYS of this day and age tend to be untrustworthy and whatnot (much emphasis on “boys“)
They don’t want what you want. You want comfort and happiness or perfection but they just want soup (as an english teacher of mine would say).
They are moved by testosterone, you are swayed by emotions. They’d do anything to get under your sheets.
Or even if that’s “extreme“, maybe they think they like you but they’re as confused as we are, except we are more emotional.
I’m not trying to bash boys, I’m only proving a point.
Human beings in general should NOT be your source of joy (especially testosterone driven boys).
They won’t always be there for you or with you and you’re basically self destructing.
As I continue to stress, do NOT be oblivious by just focusing on the now. There is more to life than a “mere summer fling”.
Moreover, God should be your source of joy because he is always there and has always been. He should be your rock. He should be your all.
Trust me; if you put God first, your future is and will forever be in His hands. He will let you know when it’s time to “find” a MAN. In fact, He’ll bring that real man to you. (If you’re younger, don’t stress, you have lots of time; it’s growing season). He will be your guide, Just trust in him.
The same goes for boys, control yourselves and focus on God. Look to God.
This is learning season- as my brother, Sheriff, usually says. Grow in the Word, prepare for your future, put that work in!!
For some this may sound crazy, but you never know until you try. Trust me, I only speak from experience.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5-6‬ NLT)

><>

I hope you enjoyed reading Simbi's blog post and that you learnt a thing or two from it.
If you would like to ask us anything about our faith and beliefs, feel free to do so. I won't say that we know all the answers, but we will try to answer any questions you have to the best of our ability.
You can contact me directly via email
and you can contact Simbi through the Questions & Prayer Requests section of her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment