Friday 10 June 2016

The Single Diaries: Featured Entry - Lemonade, Tiwa Savage and My Dating Life Update by SimSpirituallyInspired

Yes, I’m still on my 366-day boy fast/cleanse – whatever you wanna call it. Tiwa Savage (A Nigerian singer, for those who don’t know) just spilled all the beans about her horrific 2 year marriage to TeeBillz.
And Bey spiced up the whole atmosphere with extra sour Lemonade (her new visual album, get on it).

Wow, all in one week.

I guess I could go first and start with me:

I’m 3 and a half months into this fast, and life couldn’t be any better (check out “I Don’t Date”).

I’ve met some really really cool guys. Temptation is real out here, however, I’ve promised to close my eyes and look the other way for at least a year.

I’ve gotten a lot stronger and experienced a lot of personal growth, however, I still have a lot of work to do. The King of Kings, my Father, our God, is still working on me. I still need to work on my relationship with Jesus. I still need to focus on myself more. It’s tough, but it’s worth it..
Especially with the tea Tiwa just spilled all over our keyboards.

Tiwa & Tunji:
Their story didn’t startle me at all. Click here to hear her story
Many were so shocked and confused, but I felt a very odd closeness to her story. Whether through my personal experience or the experiences of those around me. I guess, as a Nigerian, it’s a fairly common narrative. It’s just that no one talks about it. Thank you Tiwa, for speaking up.

I sat and watched the whole thing like “word”, this is why the wait is worth it.

Don’t go rushing into relationships.
Don’t entertain the foolishness now or else you might get hooked to it.
Run from everyyy appearance of shady boys (and girls).
Don’t wait two years.
Don’t hurt yourself.

Ha, my transitions are popping right now.



“Don’t Hurt Yourself”; one of the songs on Beyoncé’s masterpiece.

Beyoncé dropped lemonade, which many believe is about Jay-Z cheating on her. I’m sure you’ve heard it all..
But that’s not why I’m referencing Lemonade.
I decided to reference Lemonade because, similar to Tiwa’s story, don’t be fooled by the “perfect” relationships you see on television.

I thank God that these women got real with us. We need more women to get real out here!!
Our generation needed that little wake up call/tap on the shoulder.
It’s not all sugar and honey.
Love isn’t all sugar and honey.

Be careful. Don’t naively hurt yourself hunny.
It’s not worth it.

He (or she, for my male followers), is worth the wait.
We all have work that needs to be done.
It’s not everyday “grow with someone”
Have you grown by yourself first?
Drops Mic, like my Prez at the Correspondents’ Dinner

2016 elections.. A different story for another day. Lol! Goodnight my loves
Yesss, Simbi has been keeping up with the headlines.. Barely.

Leave a comment below: What are your thoughts about how God is using celebrities to remind us of the importance of waiting?





Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.” – Ecclesiastes 12:1

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven. – Ecclesiastes 3:1
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace – Ecclesiastes 3:8


The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him. – Lamentations 3:25

No comments:

Post a Comment